Burst Testers are used as multi-directional tensile test to identify failure in the direction of least resistance for evaluating the materials physical strength and fiber bond. Models are available to test a variety of materials. These models can also be fitted with a device to measure the deflection of the sample prior to burst.
The Burst Tester is designed for measuring the bursting strength of sheet materials subjected to an increasing hydrostatic pressure. This pressure is applied to a circular region of the specimen via an elastic diaphragm. The specimen is firmly held round the edge of this circular region by a pneumatic clamping device. When the pressure is applied, the specimen deforms together with the diaphragm. The bursting strength corresponds to the maximum pressure supported by the specimen before failure. Identical, in the principle to a multi-directional tensile test, this measurement is independent from the cutting direction of the sample (machine or cross) since the failure naturally occurs in the least resistance direction. The rubber diaphragms with specific thickness and shore hardness must have a bulge versus pressure pattern within the tolerance of the standards related to the type of material tested.
* Paper and Foil Standards- ISO 2758
* Corrugated- ISO 2759
* Textile Standards- NF G.07112, ASTM D 774
* Menus allow programming to meet pre-defined test methods and international standards
* Pneumatic sample clamping
* Large graphic LCD
* The tightness pressure is measured with a pressure transducer and displayed in bar/PSI
* Software to transfer data to Excel: Testlink3
* Date of last calibration stored in memory (clamp pressure, bursting pressure, and height gauge)
* Number of test performed with diaphragm stored in memory
* Date of diaphragm replacement stored in memory
* Safety : One start button when safety hood covers the test area and two start buttons, which has to be pushed simultaneously when cover is up to have a better view on the test area.
* Option : Height gauge to measure the height for the Burst
* Option : printer, small sized and handy roll printer delivers 40 column tickets. Exists with a serial port for direct connection to the burst tester or with a centronics port for PC operations.